Those who are unable to access data from corrupted hard drive partitions, need not worry now!!! May be you were using your computer for years to store important data and you never faced any troubles with it. However, there are various occasions that can corrupt hard drive partition making its data inaccessible. Sometimes, files on the damaged partition disappears leading to data loss. In utter disappointment, you feel what had happened to my data present on corrupted partition? Is there any way to restore data from corrupted partition? Yes, with the major advances in technology, many skilled professional across the world have designed lots of tools to recover data from corrupted partition. Here is one expert suggested tool by name partition recovery to recover data from partition after corruption or other partition data loss scenarios. It uses powerful algorithms to deeply scan hard drive partitions to locate and restore lost files on both Windows and Mac systems.
Partitioning hard drives helps us to store system files and user files/folders in an organized way. But, hard drive partitions can be corrupted in many aspects. Few of them are listed below:
- Incorrect Formatting: Entire partition data becomes unreadable because of error messages, file system corruption or other reasons. In order to resolve such issues, you need to format your hard drive partition to reuse it for data storage. Incorrect formatting of partition using third party tools or interruption during partition formatting can further corrupt partition.
- Partition Table Corruption: Boot sector corruption, bad sectors, Windows Registry corruption, MBR corruption, incorrect OS installation, system crash due to damaged RAM etc can damage partition table and corrupts its partitions on hard disk drive.
- Re-partitioning Hard Drive: Hard drive is generally re-partitioned to create new partitions or to delete, shrink and expand existing partitions on the hard drive. Using third party inefficient partitioning tools or errors that appear during re-partitioning can corrupt partitions and causes data loss.
- Other Expected Causes: Abrupt system shutdown, frequent power failures while accessing data from partition, severe virus attacks and other issues could lead to damage/corruption of hard drive partitions.
What you have to do after corruption of partitions
When your partition holding important data gets corrupt as a result of above mentioned factors, then you need to stop using the hard drive for adding new files, as it may result in overwriting of files lost from corrupted partition. Also do not format or reformat corrupted partition, from where you need to restore data. Corrupted partition files are lost forever when their memory space on the hard drive is occupied by new files. Therefore it's good to have the backup of important files on any secondary storage drive. When you don’t have backup and lost valuable data after corruption of partition, then go ahead for downloading the trial version of recover partition tool on your computer, launch it and follow the steps shown by its user interface to carry out corrupted partition data recovery. Preview the recovered data and analyze the results to measure the performance. This recover partition application also lets you to restore data after partition table corruption or file system corruption in short time.
Hard Disk Partition recovery tool to get back corrupted partition data
- If you are suffering from the corruption of corruption of hard drive partition, then remember recover partition tool is there to rescue your data from corrupted partition irrespective of the cause behind it.
- This utility makes it possible to restore deleted, lost or corrupted partitions from hard drives, external hard disks, USB drives and FireWire drives with ease.
- You can actually restore lost partitions after upgrading Windows OS or formatted partitions after re-installing Windows operating system.
- It is highly recommended by industry experts as recover partition software is the read only tool that never damages your original files during the recovery process.
- Recover partition utility has potential to recover around 280 file types from FAT, NTFS and HFS formatted partitions/volumes by using their unique file signatures.
- Other than desktop hard drives, you can execute data recovery from laptop hard drive such as Acer, Sony, HP, Samsung, Toshiba and many more.
- You can get back corrupted partition data on PC installed with latest Windows operating systems like Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008.
- In addition, you can make use of this excellent partition recovery utility for restoring data from corrupted volumes on Mac machines installed with Mac Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion operating systems.
- Along with corrupted partitions it can even perform recovery of partitions from RAW drive within simple and easy steps.
- Apart from desktop, this software also comes handy in recovering deleted partition from Dell, HP, Lenovo and other brands of laptop
Steps to retrieve data from corrupted partitions are:
Step 1: Download and install the recover partition software on your Windows PC and then run it. Main screen opens with three data recovery options. Choose "Recover Partitions/Drives" as shown in figure A.
Figure A: Main Screen
Step 2: Select "Partition Recovery" from next display screen to restore data from corrupted partition and then choose the concerned hard drive from the list of logical drives and press "Next" button to start the damaged partition file recovery process as shown in figure B.
Figure B: Select Drive
Step 3: After the completion of data recovery process, you can see the list of recovered files in "File Type View" as shown in figure C.
Figure C: Recovered Data List
Step 4: Preview the recovered media files as shown in figure D. At last, save the recovered data to your desired storage location such as external hard drive or USB flash drive accessible to Windows OS.
Figure D: Preview Data